Before I begin today’s post, I would like to remind everyone of the terrible disaster that now continues to devastate Japan and ask each of you to consider donating $10 to help the Japanese people. It’s fast, convenient, painless and as simple as texting the word REDCROSS to the number 90999 on your cell phone. These people have endured a 9.0 earthquake, a tsunami, face nuclear contamination from their power plants and I believe it will get much, much worse. Japan has been a friend to us for several decades now and they need our help. Please, make the text. Thank you.
Some of you have noticed that I have not been posting to RamblinManDan as frequently as before and asked about that, I’ve received more than a few emails asking “Why?” My answer to that is both simple and complex but I’ll try to explain . . .
I have a LOT of time to read. And I do read. Voraciously. I like to read action novels and historical fiction but I’ve always been interested in understanding – or trying to understand – the motivations of the people who shape our world in terms of economics, education, culture and politics. These interests led me to try to understand the background and history of the United States, what motivated the people who made the past 235 or so years possible, the events and circumstances that have shaped our country as it is today and the incredibly powerful forces we see now that are making such a dramatic change in our country, our economy, our culture and our lives despite strong opposition.
At first, I did my best to keep people informed about what was happening and tried to send a message in the hopes that my spark might light a fire of realization within those who took the time to read what I had to say. But as I read more and more of Biblical prophecy and relate those prophecies to current events, I realize that what we see happening now is well beyond the control of any man. The signs of Biblical prophecy are as evident and readable as the signs an Apache hunter used to track his prey. All it takes is some knowledge, research and a pair of open eyes to actually see what I’m talking about.
Do I believe that Obama is good for America? NO! Have I given up the fight against the socialization of America? NO! Have I given in to the idea of a New World Order? NO!
What I have done though, is open my eyes to the Word of God and open my mind to the possibilities. And . . . what I see is that His plan is at work – just as prophesied – to bring about the second coming of Christ.
Biblical prophecy tells us that the generation seeing Israel become an independent nation will be the final generation before the second coming of Jesus Christ. In fact, the prophecy reveals to us that that generation will not end before His return, that no less than 70 and no more than 80 years will pass between an independent Israel and the second coming.
Israel gained its status as an independent nation in 1948. If the prophecies are correct, this means that Jesus will return as early as 2018 but no later than 2028. We are also told that there will be a Rapture of the Church followed by a 7 year Tribulation Period just prior to the second coming of Christ.
Again, if the prophecies are correct, this means that the Rapture will occur sometime between 2011 and 2021. Nobody knows exactly when this will occur but it is certain to happen between today and the end of 2021. Other prophecies by the Mayans, the Egyptians, the Celts, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, Jeane Dixon and more have indicated that 2012 can be interpreted as the most likely year of Rapture. When asked by his disciples of His second coming, Jesus told them in His flawless prophecy that end-time phenomena would include war, famines, pestilence and “earthquakes in diverse places”. Have you SEEN the headlines lately?
Bible passages that prophesy the independence of Israel:
- “For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah… and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it”. (Deuteronomy 30:3)
- “Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.” (Ezekiel 37:12)
Bible passage from Mark that speaks of the final generation:
“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” (Mark 13:30)
Bible passages that predict global events as evidence of the prophecy:
- “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.” (Mark 13:8)
- “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.” (Matthew 24:7)
- “All these are the beginning of sorrows.” (Matthew 24:8)
- “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” (Matthew 24:9)
- “And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.” (Matthew 24:10)
- “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:11)
The Bible passage that has changed my way of thinking about current events:
- “When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end.” (Mark 13:7)
Just think about it. That’s all I ask. Just think about it. Please.